What is in the Backpack?
Hiking or hunting I normally pack the same materials.
1. Magnesium fire starter and a lighter
2. Leather-man Sidekick
3. Whey Protein 4 scopes depend on the Hike/Hunt.
5. 64 ozs of water.
9. Sleeping Bag not while hunting.
10. Head lamp SE05 and a flash light the Leather-man F1.
11. About 5 plastic garbage bags.
12. 100 yards of rope. 300 pound work load capacity.
Rarely have I had to used it, but it is good to know I have one. Adds quit a bit of weight but for what it does, a great tool to have.
Adds a bit of weight but it helps to clear the way if needed. It's hidden in the bag and most of the time I don't even know its there.
Whey protein isn't only used for muscle bulking. Great source of protein for light packs. 1 scoop contains 6 grams of protein, which is equivalent to 6 oz of chicken breast. the protein weight in at 1-2 ozs. Carrying less than a third of the weight for the same amount of protein! chicken is still best when you are home. Whey protein serves a great supplement when trekking. I generally carry 2X12 ozs of whey protein mixed.
Great for second source of lighting needs. I carry another lighter in case as well.
Soon to add: